JERKY SHIFTING , is it ecu malfunction ?

JERKY SHIFTING , is it ecu malfunction ?

Postby dentist » Mon May 24, 2010 9:43 am

hiya thr ! dudes my bB has done 6ok kms , on a freeway it lost acceleration in D , i chkd wid 2 , i went ok for a while thn it was smoke all over n O/D light start blinking, i stopped da car, after opening the hood, i found out the ATF spilled al over the engine which was causing smoke. i'd to wait for a while so that the engine cools of. then i checked the ATF it was ok, strange, anyways i started the car , it was not at all smooth, gears were changing at thr own will. i changed the oil, cleaned the gear filter, nothing happened. then was told to change the gear box as overheating of oil has caused the damage. i changed the gear , not once but twice, but the problem remains the same, i chkd wid scanner n the temp of ATF climbs upto 118 , in my opinion its the ecu mlfunctioning which is sending wrong pulse at wrong time, means at 3000RPM the ecu orders the gear to come down to 2nd n vice versa. to my astonishment thr is no check light, scanner is unable to pick up any fault code. EXPERTS plz help ,, thnxo
dentist

Re: JERKY SHIFTING , is it ecu malfunction ?

Postby liszabailey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:00 am

You have more than one problem.
1. Overheating
2. Door lock problems.
3. Failure to start
a. Burnt starter motor
b. Failure to jump start

Diagnosis.
1. Overheating. Need to establish if fan IS or IS NOT working If not likely the fan controller. 95 deg C is only slightly above normal. Did you also have air con ON at the time? Is the water pump belt correctly tensioned?

2. Suspect flat battery has caused system to loose synchronisation. Need to reset. Could be PSE Pneumatic System Unit but at this stage need to ensure system is correctly synch'd.

3. Why is the battery flat. Battery age? Get checked at a garage. If dead it cannot be recharged. get a new one. Is the alternator working OK otherwise you may wreck another battery.

a. Burnt starter motor?? Very strange. Did you crank the car for a very long time and overheated the motor. this may also explain the flat battery?

3b. Failure to jump start? To many possibilities to list. Do you have a spark. Is there fuel at the fuel rail? Crank position sensor is a possibility but need to eliminate lots of possiblities first.

I hope I help you with your problem tell me if im right or wrong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lisza Bailey
toyota auto parts dealer
liszabailey

Re: JERKY SHIFTING , is it ecu malfunction ?

Postby liszabailey » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:17 am

I hope i help you with your problem about car parts
liszabailey

Next

Return to gen II : 1.3 litre petrol K3-VE I4